About this industry
For government contractors, employment decisions often require thoughtful approaches to protect employers from government scrutiny and litigation.
Our Government Contractor practice brings together attorneys from a wide range of backgrounds to help clients meet the specific challenges facing government contractors today. With offices located throughout the United States, we can meet the labor and employment law needs of any government contractor, regardless of structure, geography or size.
Services we offer
- Preparing affirmative action plans (AAPs), conducting vulnerability audits and statistical analysis and defending against audits by the OFCCP as well as state and local affirmative action agencies;
- Advising on compliance with prevailing wage requirements, including analyzing coverage and exemption issues, evaluating whether workers are properly classified under applicable wage determinations, and ensuring that benefits provided by the contractor meet the standard for bona fide fringe benefits under the Service Contract Act, the Davis-Bacon Act and the Davis-Bacon Related Acts;
- Providing representation in U. S. Department of Labor (DOL) investigations and before the DOL‘s Administrative Review Board on all laws enforced by the DOL;
- Advising on all aspects of wage and hour compliance, including compliance with President Obama‘s Executive Order raising the minimum wage for workers in new federal contracts;
- Counseling and compliance assistance with all labor and employment-related Executive Orders affecting government contractors;
- Helping clients design and review diversity plans;
- Advising on the development of a comprehensive compliance and ethics program fully compliant with Federal Acquisition Regulation mandates;
- Counseling on executive compensation plans and practices;
- Representing employers in whistleblower and retaliation litigation, as well as in False Claims Act/qui tam litigation;
- Representing companies during investigations of alleged fraud in connection with defense contracts and major public works;
- Advising on compliance with the federal Drug-Free Workplace Act;
- Advising on Affordable Care Act compliance and counseling on the entire range of benefits-related issues;
- Addressing clients‘ needs in both the compliance and immigration benefits area;
- Advising on National Labor Relations Act successorship rules, as well as all aspects of labor law; and
- Advising on compliance with all applicable privacy and data security mandates, including the Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 and the Privacy Act of 1974.
Our attorneys are ready to assist government contractor clients in the following specific areas, as well as all aspects of employment law-related litigation and counseling.